Re: Kernel 2.6 + Raid + base-config = problem?

> udev was not getting along with mdadm for a while. Upgrade mdadm to
> version 1.9.0-2.1.

It's true, I have used mdadm version 1.9.0-1. I won't try to upgrade now, as the system
is working now, thanks. But how could a malfunctioning version of mdadm explain, that
everything was fine before running base-config and that everything is fine, if the
packages are installed manually.
The system only breaks, if I install something via base-config. At least this is my
impression. Perhaps running base-config would always break the system, I don't know
what base-config exactly does.
It seems that udev isn't installed on my system. ...strange, I thought that it ships with 2.6
Kernel. This might be an explanation: perhaps udev is only activated after running base-
config.
Forgive me, please, if I ask directly: are you reasonably sure that upgrading mdadm
would solve the problem?

In all cases thanks for your suggestions!
Hans-Joerg