Re: intrusion via ssh

Angelina Carlton wrote:
On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 06:32:37PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:

Be happy...
Today I have gotten more then 3000 of this...
18 MByte of "/var/log/sshd.log".

Hi Michelle,
can you descibe to me how to make all sshd activity log
to /var/log/sshd.log ? My woody server logs it auth.log
which is fine I suppose but I woul much rather have sshd.log

my sshd_config has:

# Logging
SyslogFacility AUTH
LogLevel INFO

I would imagine that needs changing to something, but syslog would need to
be changed also? and what about logrotate?

Change AUTH to LOCAL0 and then modify /etc/syslog.conf to
log the LOCAL0 facility to /var/log/sshd.log

Don't forget setup a log rotation for it (I am not sure if
syslog handles this automatically).

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez