kernel 2.6 problems (2): debchange & make-kpkg

hi folks,

I'm having trouble with kernel 2.6.10 and find myself making lots of
versions of a 2.6.10 kernel.  I use make-kpkg to manage the process,
and control versons with both the
--append-to-version
and
--revision
options.  I would like to use debchanges to keep track of changes to
successive versions in the changelog file (changes only means changing
the config options; I'm not hacking the code at all).  However, each
time I ocmpile the kernel, changes I've made to debian/changelog seem
to disappear.  does make-kpkg ocntrol the changelog in a way that's
incompatible with manual changes to the file?  If so, can I change
thisbehaviour?

anyway, appreciate the help as always,

matt

 .''`.       Matt Price