Re: printing very large sheets

On Mar 28, 2005 11:48 PM, Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane@xtrinsic.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to print a very large sheet of paper (44"x12"). The printer
> (HP9650) is fine with standard sheet sizes, but I can't figure out how to
> make it print very large sheets of paper. This is what I've tried:
>
> CUPs:
>         - set the default paper size to "custom"
>
> OpenOffice.org:
>         - resizes the sheet to a "standard" paper size, even if a custom page
>           size is used. Apparently this is due to a bug in Java 1.3.1?
>
> psresize
>         - from OOo create a ps file and then resize using psresize. Generates
>           the following error:
[snip]

Maybe we've all assumed something over the last few days, but I must
ask a few simple questions about your issue.

Does this printer support the sizes you are trying to print?

Have you printed this size before on this model?  If so, what did you use?

Thank you,

Scott Edwards
--
Daxal Communications - http://www.daxal.com