Re: SSL client certificate with mutt?

Shaun Lipscombe <shaun.lipscombe@gmsl.co.uk> wrote:

> zcat /usr/share/doc/mutt-1.5.6-r5/smime-notes.txt.gz | less.

I believe, you mixed something up here. I'm not talking about a
certificate to sign (or encrypt) S/MIME mails with. I'm talking about
a ssl client certificate to identify myself to the imap server. This
technique provides stronger security than a password alone, because
the server will only accept a connection from a client after it has
verified the validity of the client's certificate.

Regards,
Jim