Re: don't understand moniwiki packaging

On 2005-03-30, Alvin Oga penned:

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>
>> In the process of looking for a wiki implementation with minimal
>> dependencies, I found moniwiki.  I'm pretty happy with it; enough so that
>> I've set it up for my team at work, hoping it will catch on.
>
> are you sure you didn't write it and named it ?? :-)
>
> c ya alvin

Hrrm, you're not the first to ask that question!  But no, I didn't make the
connection until after I'd decided to use the tool.  "Moni" isn't a nickname I
use.  If it were called mowiki, maybe ... though of course Mo' is properly
spelled with an apostrophe =P

As the package description says,

 Moni is slightly modified sound which means What? or What is it? in Korean.
 The name also indicates that MoniWiki is nearly compatible with the MoinMoin.
 MoniWiki WikiFormattingRules were inspired and adopted from MoinMoin.

--
monique

Ask smart questions, get good answers: