Re: Encrypted backup

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 21:11, Christophe wrote:
> 2) Another problem are the file names, that I'd like to hide. I'd need
> something a bit more complicated than rot13, do you know one?

I think you're probably looking for an encrypted filesystem or archive
solution in that case.  Rather than timestamps, md5sums would be good for
tracking which files have been backed up with minimal local overhead.  Sorry
I can't be more help though.

Obviously, a nice simple script that does what you need and nothing more would
be best... duplicity seems close to what you're looking for.  But Bacula and
Amanda seem to be the heavyweight debian backup solutions.  Maybe one of
those would provide what you need, if all else fails?

Sorry I can't be more help :(

--
Lee.