Re: Kernel Panic - Unable to mount root

In theory? No, it should not... actually, though, this prompts
something I was curious about... my theory about why this theoretical
non-probloem becomes a problem in practice is that: the bootloader
knows how to load the compressed kernel image. The module autoloader,
however, needs to read modules.conf and /lib/modules/* from the root
filesystem, but in order to do this, the filesystem needs to be
mounted, no? I could be missing somethign about the kernel init
process, but this was my feeling about this problem. Does anybody know
better?

--
----

$ for state in * ; do smash ; done