Re: Kernel Panic - Unable to mount root

Well... if you do things the 'right' way and use initrd. I don't even
bother, I'm running 2.6.10 without initrd... the one thing, though...
I've gotten that same message when my IDE drivers were compiled as
modules and I for got to run make modules_install. I missed that at
first, though, and jsut compiled the IDE drivers into the kernel, and
everything worked fine.

But, yeah... if you compiled initrd support, make sure the initrd.img
is available and is passed to grub or lilo, depending... double check
your modules... it should be one of those problems.

jason