Re: bootlogd ceased to function [SOLVED]

Bob Alexander wrote:

Well in my case I have solved the problem and bootlogd is operative again on my udev based 2.6.11.4 custom kernel.

My problem has been solved by an hint in the debian-user-french list and all was needed was recompiling the kernel with the ENABLE_LEGACY_PTYS parameter as follows:

CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS=y
CONFIG_LEGACY_PTY_COUNT=256

Ah, by luck I have those enabled; that's why mine works. I'm running 2.4.9 with udev but I think I'll upgrade to 2.6.11.

...RickM...