Re: bootlogd ceased to function [SOLVED]

Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
In article <[🔎] 4247C82A.6050409@ngi.it>,
Bob Alexander  <bob@ngi.it> wrote:

What does that mean ? Should I report this as a sysvinit package bug ??? Little bit scared by the number of bugs dating years(s) :(

Most of those bugs are not reproducable, or the submitter
doesn't reply to questions, or it's a feature request that
I don't agree with or that is hard/impossible to build, etc.

Mike.

Hi there Mike.

I hope you understand I did not mean to disparage your work not even for one picosecond :)

Well in my case I have solved the problem and bootlogd is operative again on my udev based 2.6.11.4 custom kernel.

My problem has been solved by an hint in the debian-user-french list and all was needed was recompiling the kernel with the ENABLE_LEGACY_PTYS parameter as follows:

CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS=y
CONFIG_LEGACY_PTY_COUNT=256

In one of sysvinit bugs there was a guy having exactly the same problem.

Thank you again for your work as a debian mantainer and for trying to help out in this list.

Take care,
Bob