Re: PHP4 Not working with Apache2

On Sunday 27 March 2005 07:48 pm, Darryl Clarke wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:06:21 -0600, John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com>
> wrote: [snip]
>
> > Access forbidden!
> >
> >  You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either
> > read-protected or not readable by the server.
>
> Make sure the webserver (www-data) can actually read the file(s) in
> /var/www/* Default home page is /var/www so if you're going after
> http://localhost/www/test.php it should be in /var/www/www/test.php
Sorry that was a typeO I did go to http://localhost/test.php   I really do
have a web site set there and it all works fine. It is a maintainence area
for several other servers & this one: I keep webmin and a bunch of other
stuff there. The report says access forbidden not object not found so I know
it is finding the page. It simply will not let me access it. This happens
with my gallery site also which was working fine before the upgrade.

> unless you've done something funny.  Typical web pages are world
> readable
> chmod a+r /var/www/* -R

All the files are world readable.

> --