Re: AVI => DVD conversion

Chris Boot wrote:
> I'm looking for a tool to transcode a .avi file to be written to a DVD,
> as opposed to the opposite action offered by many a tool like dvdrip or
> acidrip. Does anyone have such a thing? I don't need anything fancy
> like menus or even chapters.

Hi,

I haven't found a easy and straight forward program to use (could be
a fun project for someone ;-) ) but the following tutorial isn't very
hard to follow:
http://mightylegends.zapto.org/dvd/dvdauthor_howto.php

The programs used is all available in the Debian archives I think,
though I have some versions (such as ffmpeg) installed from Christian
Marillat's archives[0]

The tutorial might be a bit overkill (it goes on about creating
subtitles and menus), if you only want one video track this dvdauthor
example should do it:

<dvdauthor dest="DVD">
  <vmgm/>
  <titleset>
   <titles>
    <pgc>
     <vob file="video.mpg"/>
    </pgc>
   </titles>
  </titleset>
</dvdauthor>

0. ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/index.html

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson