Re: AVI => DVD conversion

Chris Boot wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for a tool to transcode a .avi file to be written to a DVD,
as opposed to the opposite action offered by many a tool like dvdrip or
acidrip. Does anyone have such a thing? I don't need anything fancy like
menus or even chapters.

Many thanks,
Chris

mencoder (available from Marillat's repository or with mplayer itself)
can take a stream of any type of video it can read and recode it any
other format it knows using 1, 2 or 3 passes.  Google should give some
excellent HOWTOs on how to do this.  I used this method to take some
~200-300 MB WMVs (from reduced-seat time classes at my school) and turn
them into VCDs.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez