Re: How to get mysql to accept network conections

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 06:03:00PM -0800, Dan wrote:
> if you comment out that bindaddress line, it wont specifically bind to
> an address.
>
> I had to do the same thing on one of my sql servers.
> try that and see if it helps
>
> -dan

Well, I think it made things better, in that if I try to connect to the
mysql instance running on that machine, bus ing "mysql -h" on another
machine I know get a "permission denied" type message.

But, unforutnately I still cant get dpk-reconfigure of mythtv-databse to
run. It's dying with a:

Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user: 'root@yogi.fas.com'
(Using password: NO) at -e line 5, <> line 1.

message. My guess is that I somehow need to allow that user to connect.
I'm not certain wy it's not just connecting as "root" from localhost" but
that's what the postinst script is doing.

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967