Re: Knoppix to Debian (not debootstrap?)

Terry Hancock wrote:

In fact the only reason for using Knoppix at all is that the standard install failed and Knoppix succeeds. I figured this would be a basic How-To or FAQ, but although there exists the "debootstrap via knoppix" instructions, they are apparently a red-herring, since they can't preserve the Knoppix base-system (or can they?).

If this is already documented somewhere, what's it called?
Otherwise, any help appreciated --- I'll be happy to write up the procedure, as it seems like it would be very useful.

TIA,
Terry

When I wanted to do that, I found somewhere (sorry can't remember where) that once you've booted Knoppix, open a terminal and type:

su knoppix-installer

Then follow the instructions. As I was (and am) a complete newbie and found it relatively easy, you should be fine.

Just note that when upgrading, go to Knoppix sources, rather than Debian ones. It's easy to break the installed OS, at least for me it was. :(

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.