Re: Reset Permissions?

Cole S. Ashcraft wrote:
I accidentally changed the premissons on my server to things that they
should not be, and now I am getting permission error on practically
everything. Is there anyway to reset these permissions to what they
should be?

Cole

What persissions did you change?  Do you have a recent backup of your
system?  If so, you can use the find command to find every file and
output its permissions to a file.  You can take that file and write a
two line shell script that takes the contents of the file and applies
the permissions to the files on your system.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr