Re: user password for apt installed packages

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:26:01 -0600, James Scott <jayscott0@gmail.com> wrote:
> Without going overboard with too much information, I am trying to
> install an application that instructs me to grant the "amavis" user
> certain rights to my MySQL database.  The instructions tell me to
> enter a particular command into MySQL that includes the password for
> the "amavis" account.  The problem is that I installed amavis through
> apt-get, which created the amavis account for me...  I never had to
> set up a password.  What do I do?   Thanks in advance.

The system user 'amavis' that is created when amavis is installed is
completely independant from the amavis user that is required for it's
SQL actions.

The MySQL user/password it wants will have to match the one you've
configured in /etc/amavis/amavisd.conf - I personally don't use it so
I can't help you further, but they're seperate!

--
~ Darryl  ~ smartssa@gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com