user password for apt installed packages

Without going overboard with too much information, I am trying to
install an application that instructs me to grant the "amavis" user
certain rights to my MySQL database.  The instructions tell me to
enter a particular command into MySQL that includes the password for
the "amavis" account.  The problem is that I installed amavis through
apt-get, which created the amavis account for me...  I never had to
set up a password.  What do I do?   Thanks in advance.

J.Scott