Re: Japanese support for Acrobat 7

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 21:56, Victor Munoz wrote:
>Un update to my own post, in case it helps trace the problem:
>
>I tried with xpdf. I have xpdf-japanese installed. The output is
> better. Fonts superimposed in the Acrobat printing are not now, so
> it is legible, but still fonts are too close to each other. (This
> also occurs for the roman letters in the documents.)
>
>This pdf also has a couple of "highlighted" words (it's a map with
>directions to get to Kyoto University): bigger fonts in a coloured
>background or underlined. These bits are printed (badly) by Acrobat,
> but not printed at all by xpdf.
>
>Those are the experiments for now. Regards,

I've had fairly decent luck with 'ggv' here Victor, but this is a
english environment site, so it may not be true for you.

Are you running the canna server?  Here, it seems to do a pretty
decent job of displaying those pictogliph fonts.  I can't read them
of course, at 70 I'm not going to learn a new language, but the
display does seem to be correctly spaced on screen here.  Downright
purty even.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)