thunderbird + imap + folders

Hello,

I let my email provider handle to move certain messages to certain folders. Now, when Thunderbird fetches mail, it appears to only fetch those that are in the "Inbox" folder. The 113 new Messages in the debian-users(:-) folder are only fetched when I click on that folder in thunderbird. having 10 folders or so this is quite nasty. I know I could probably let thunderbird manage the sorting of messages, but I think, that it is much more comfortable to let the mailserver do that, since I am not dependent of the mail client. How does everybody deal with this problem?

felix