Re: dual-port ethernet advice

> Can anyone recommend a decent dual-port PCI ethernet card?  Gigabit
> would be nice, but really isn't a requirement.  It's for a Shuttle XPC
> (or similar form-factor) box that I'll be building in the near future,
> so there will only be one slot available.

It depends what you want.  You can pay about $150 to get, say, a 4-port card
with 4 separate ethernet controllers on it-- sorry but the makes and models
escape me now.  Try searching for "4-port" or "quad port".

Or, you can pay about $15 and get a cheap 4-port PCI hub.  I've been using
one of these, an ASound AL500P, for about 6 months now, with no problems at
all.  Found it on pricewatch for $13 shipped, IIRC.  Mind you this card is
just a dumb repeater, so the 10 or 100 Mbps is shared among the 4 segments,
and everyone on any of the segments can sniff all of the traffic to all of
them.  But for home use these aren't big issues, and the price is hard to
beat.

Good luck,
Andrew.