vacation/mail

hi folks,

just wondering what the standard practice is for setting vacation
messages when using getmail.  So, my mail arrives in POP/IMAP account;
I download it with getmail, and sort it with procmail.  I'd like to
send out vacation messages only to messages that get sorted into
particular mailboxes (actually these are maildirs in this case) --
this is mostly to avoid sending out vacation autoreplies to all the
lists I'm subscribed to.

I imagine other folks have managed this issue before -- what solutions
have you come up with?

thx,
matt

 .''`.       Matt Price