Home/End keys do not work

Hello,

I have recently installed Debian Woody on my workstation. I have a couple of RedHat 7.3 boxes. I run gnome, gnome-terminal and ssh into one of redhat boxes without a problem. Then I run mc (Midnight Commander) and edit a file with F4. If I press Home key, "H" is inserted before the cursor instead of placing it at the beggining of the line. If I press End key, "F" is inserted. Everything works fine when I ssh to another debian box. Everything works fine when I ssh from my box to any other box without using X (in text mode). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

George Chelidze