Re: IIS says "You are not authorized to view this page". Grrrr.

I have good news. After further investigation into the ntlmaps proxy I found
that it was silently failing to start. Once I managed to get the right
combination of config options I can now access the page!

Gene Heskett wrote (Tuesday 22 March 2005 4:55 pm):
> There used to be a setting in some browsers that would allow them to
> spoof who they were, but I don't recall seeing that in them recently.

Spoofing isn't the solution here. The server is not checking the browser
identification, it's using a proprietary MS authentication system (to pass my
username/password), and the only browser that supports it is IE. Luckily I
can stick ntlmaps between me and the server.

> I hope this helps.  And when they discover you've not been using IE,
> point out to them that the lockup M$ is attempting with the IE only
> attitude is what got them into antitrust court, and will again the
> minute GWB is gone.  You might also point out that you paid real
> money for your tuition, and that you would like to have real service
> for your money.  If that doesn't work, find a lawyer.

I should keep this in mind, but I'll probably just let it go. I got it working
now, that's all I care about. Hopefully one day they'll employ someone with a
clue. I suppose that's wishful thinking.

In the meantime, I have work to do.

Peace,
Brendon