Re: OT: Bash Problem

On Monday 21 March 2005 09:12 pm, Pollywog wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 March 2005 01:58 am, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > I'm using the same .bashrc file, and there is no use of a profile file,
> > so I can't see what the differences between the two consoles (in Konsole
> > and Kate's console).  So what am I doing wrong, and what do I need to do
> > to allow long commands to wrap onto the NEXT line instead of the same
> > one?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> In konsole or in an xterm, you can use the backslash "\" at the end of a
> line and continue the command on the next line.  Hit the return key after
> you type the "\" (without the quotes).
>
> Is that what you were asking about?  Maybe I misunderstood the question.

Not quite.  I'm talking about how the console seems to act in different
windows.  In one, when I reach the end of the line on a long command it
automatically wraps to the NEXT line.  In the other (which is in the Kate
window), it wraps to the SAME line.  In a previous install, it did that in
both windows, so I'm trying to figure out what setting I need to change so it
wraps to the NEXT line in Kate as well as in Konsole.

Hal