Re: how does debian-user work?

Anonymous Coward wrote:
Until Gmail presents a sane interface for mailing lists, I use "Reply
to all", remove the "To:" address, and move the "Cc:" to debian-user
to "To:".  It's a bit of a pain, but it works.  Threading basically
works, as long as the subject doesn't change.  Hopefully one of the
threading improvements they claim to be working on will look at actual
"In-Reply-To" headers.

Thank you for the explaination! Can I append things such as [SOLVED]
to a reply to a thread and have it retained in logical order as it
will appear in the future(20 minutes from now) in the Debian archives?

Yes.  Threading is done based on the In-Reply-To mail header, not
the subject line (at least in the list archives, your MUA may handle
it differently).

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez