Re: Resolving module errors in 2.6

David Jarvie(lists@astrojar.org.uk) is reported to have said:

> > >Is there some way of storing the error messages so that I can read them
> > > after boot-up is complete?
> >
> > Make sure "BOOTLOGD_ENABLE  = YES" in /etc/default/bootlogd, then the
> > messages should be in /var/log/boot
>
> Thanks - now I can see the messages.
>
> From the errors which I'm getting about modules not being found, it looks as
> if modules configured in /etc/modutils/ (which is for my 2.4.22 kernel) are
> attempting to load, despite the fact that I'm now running a 2.6.8 kernel. I
> thought that a 2.6 kernel used /etc/modprobe.d/ instead, and would
> ignore /etc/modutils/.
>
> I want to keep /etc/modutils/ for now so that I have the option of using the
> 2.4 kernel. How can I get the 2.6 kernel to ignore it?

I may have missed it, do you have the module-init-tools package
installed?  It is required for kernels 2.6.

>From apt-cache show module-init-tools
 This package contains a set of programs for loading, inserting, and
 removing kernel modules for Linux (versions 2.5.48 and above). It
 serves the same function that the "modutils" package serves for Linux
 2.4.

Wayne
--
Will the information superhighway have any rest stops?