Re: Resolving module errors in 2.6

On Thursday 17 Mar 2005 19:13, Colin J. Ingram wrote:

> >>No.
> >
> >Is there some way of storing the error messages so that I can read them
> > after boot-up is complete?
>
> Make sure "BOOTLOGD_ENABLE  = YES" in /etc/default/bootlogd, then the
> messages should be in /var/log/boot

Thanks - now I can see the messages.

From the errors which I'm getting about modules not being found, it looks as
if modules configured in /etc/modutils/ (which is for my 2.4.22 kernel) are
attempting to load, despite the fact that I'm now running a 2.6.8 kernel. I
thought that a 2.6 kernel used /etc/modprobe.d/ instead, and would
ignore /etc/modutils/.

I want to keep /etc/modutils/ for now so that I have the option of using the
2.4 kernel. How can I get the 2.6 kernel to ignore it?

Cheers,
David.