Re: what is a bug for a debian maintainer ?

Mauro Darida wrote:
Hello,
you might think I asked a silly question in the subject, but I am really confused. I thought a bug is something which makes a program to work badly. So when I fired minicom and it freezed at start on my sony vaio I thought it was a bug and filed a bug against minicom. The maintainer closed the bug: I can stop the program (ctrl-c) only in background mode, strace gives nothing and I don't have other machines to see if I can reproduce minicom's hang. He said in this case he does not consider it a bug and suggested to discuss this matter with the upstream maintainer.

In:
I find that the problem seems to be backgrounding minicom: it's not supposed to be. If you do it anyway, it's beyond the intended use of the program, so the "fix" belongs upstream. True?

H.

So, what is a bug for a debian maintainer ??