Serving a multifunction printer

I have a multifunction HP printer, a Debian sarge server/gateway, and some windows XP clients who would like print/scan access. I can set up printing but I don't know about scanner. Is there some Debian software which could facilitate passing data over a lan from a scanner to a windows program. This would obviously require both server and client software. Alternatively, I have a KVM switch with a usb port. This could allow the printer to be shared between the server and a windows box. Then scanning could be done on the windows box and printing through the server. Unfortunately this means when ever someone is using the windows box then no other system in the house can print. I could also use the KVM for only the printer and eliminate input devices from the server, or buy a second switch. These last options are my last resorts. Any good ideas?