Re: Replying to "list-only" sorry my mistake

Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:
Jonathan Kaye wrote:

| Hi Rick,
| There certainly is! Highlight the message you want to reply to (in the
| upper pane).
| A menu appears: You'll see Reply to Sender Only, Reply to Newsgroup,
| Reply to All. Click on the one you want.
| That's what I'm going to do ... right ... now.
| Jonathan
I realised you are talking about lists rather than newsgroups (I
subscribe to this "list" as a newsgroup not as a list). So the only way
on a list is to Reply to All and then delete what you don't want, afaik.
Sorry about that.
Jonathan

So how does one subscribe as a newsgroup.

And couldn't the list be changed to have a reply-to: or change the from:
field to be the list?  Why is this not the case when replying to list is
the stated preferred method?

The reply-to thing gets discussed periodically.  Basically, it is a
Bad Thing(TM).  There are sound technical reasons, though I forget
where I read about them.  I'm sure that if there is interest, someone
will be kind enough to post a link.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez