Re: Replying to "list-only" sorry my mistake

Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:
Jonathan Kaye wrote:

| Hi Rick,
| There certainly is! Highlight the message you want to reply to (in the
| upper pane).
| A menu appears: You'll see Reply to Sender Only, Reply to Newsgroup,
| Reply to All. Click on the one you want.
| That's what I'm going to do ... right ... now.
| Jonathan
I realised you are talking about lists rather than newsgroups (I
subscribe to this "list" as a newsgroup not as a list). So the only way
on a list is to Reply to All and then delete what you don't want, afaik.
Sorry about that.
Jonathan

So how does one subscribe as a newsgroup.

And couldn't the list be changed to have a reply-to: or change the from: field to be the list? Why is this not the case when replying to list is the stated preferred method?

I haven't seen that functionality in Thunderbird either. But it will be helpful for people who subscribe to lists rather than other methods (like gmane, etc.).

A simple idea can be to have a "subscribed-lists" section in preferences where users can add the email addresses for their subscribed lists. Then for those messages which have that email address in the TO: or CC: fields, a contextual click could show "Reply to List" option too. Or something similar.

Does an extension exist for doing this task? I will take a look at mozilla's addons site....

/KS