Re: Replying to "list-only" sorry my mistake

Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:
> Jonathan Kaye wrote:
>
>> | Hi Rick,
>> | There certainly is! Highlight the message you want to reply to (in the
>> | upper pane).
>> | A menu appears: You'll see Reply to Sender Only, Reply to Newsgroup,
>> | Reply to All. Click on the one you want.
>> | That's what I'm going to do ... right ... now.
>> | Jonathan
>> I realised you are talking about lists rather than newsgroups (I
>> subscribe to this "list" as a newsgroup not as a list). So the only way
>> on a list is to Reply to All and then delete what you don't want, afaik.
>> Sorry about that.
>> Jonathan
>

> So how does one subscribe as a newsgroup.

Many lists are available as newsgroups on gmane's news server; see
http://www.gmane.org for more information. I follow a number of mailing
lists that way, and I'm very happy with it.

Just add a news account in Thunderbird and point it to news.gmane.org,
then subscribe to any newsgroups you're interested in. For example, this
mailing list is available via gmane in a newsgroup called
gmane.linux.debian.user.

But in fact I think Thunderbird should provide a Reply-To-List function.

Roel Schroeven