Re: usb device (hotplug etc)

Eric Gaumer wrote:

When you plug your camera in (providing it's supported by gphoto2) a dialog
box should pop open asking if you would like to import photos.

Well, on the laptop, with the same packages installed but with the kernel rebuilt with tmpfs, I plugged in a card reader with a camera memory stick in it and BINGO, gphoto popped up and asked if I wanted to import the pictures!

Running mount shows:

rickm@rickmvnote:~$ mount
/dev/hda3 on / type auto (rw,errors=remount-ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/sdd1 on /media/usbdisk type vfat (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,sync,noatime,quiet,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=077)

Now I'll rebuild the desktop with tmpfs, and perhaps all will be well.

...RickM...