Re: Acrobat 7.0 for linux is out

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 09:23:56PM +0800, Robert Storey wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:09:21 -0600
> Nate Bargmann <n0nb@networksplus.net> wrote:
>
> > * Jozsef Mak <j_mak3@hotmail.com> [2005 Mar 14 22:01 -0600]:
> > > Acrobat 7.0 for linux is out. It's fast, feature-rich and installs
> > > without  a hitch.
> > >
> > > this is the address:
> > >
> > > ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/7x/7.0/enu/
> >
> > 39 MB for a PDF reader?!!!  96 MB installed!
> >
> > This is getting insane.  OTOH, it's nice to see a color interface on a
> > par with the Windows versions.  Even better, the interface now works
> > with my wheel mouse by default.
> >
> > - Nate >>
>

> Or avoid dealing with Adobe and just try:
>
>    apt-get install evince
>
> Evince is very nice. Also, the soon-to-be-released KDE 3.4 is said to

as long as you don't need to do things with a pdf beyond reading it

--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz

            They that can give up essential liberty
	    to obtain a little temporary safety
	    deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                   Benjamin Franklin

Microsoft, I think, is fundamentally an evil company.
 - JAMES H. CLARK

*** NEW PUBLIC KEY ***
my gpg-key ID: F1AAD37D
http://blackhole.pca.dfn.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF1AAD37D