Re: Acrobat 7.0 for linux is out

Jozsef Mak wrote:
Acrobat 7.0 for linux is out. It's fast, feature-rich and installs without a hitch.

This looks exciting, so I just installed it but it doesn't run properly. Typing acroread flashes up a splash screen and then it exits. There are no messages on stdout/sterr. There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in the README troubleshooting section. Typing acroread -help doesn't show any way to get a debug log. There's a 262 page manual apparently without a contents list or index (looks like a bunch of help pages pushed together) that doesn't appear to include troubleshooting.

Does anybody have any insight into the problem, or know how to get fault finding information out of acroread?

I'm running Woody, plus various backports.

Thanks, Dave