Re: Acrobat 7.0 for linux is out

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 07:17, Dave Howorth wrote:
>Jozsef Mak wrote:
>> Acrobat 7.0 for linux is out. It's fast, feature-rich and installs
>> without a hitch.
>
>This looks exciting, so I just installed it but it doesn't run
> properly. Typing acroread flashes up a splash screen and then it
> exits. There are no messages on stdout/sterr. There doesn't seem to
> be anything relevant in the README troubleshooting section. Typing
> acroread -help doesn't show any way to get a debug log. There's a
> 262 page manual apparently without a contents list or index (looks
> like a bunch of help pages pushed together) that doesn't appear to
> include troubleshooting.
>
>Does anybody have any insight into the problem, or know how to get
> fault finding information out of acroread?

>I'm running Woody, plus various backports.
>
>Thanks, Dave

I put it in from the rpm (FC2 system here), then changed the
properties in the icon I already had to point to the new one, and It
Just Works(TM).  The old one is still in /usr/local/AcroBat5.0/bin
here, and the new one is in /usr/bin.  Adobe needs slaped with a wet
noodle for that.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)