Re: silly question

On Monday 14 March 2005 12:35 am, Alvin Oga wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Paul Johnson wrote:
>
> > think Oregon is pronounced Aragone
>
> it would have been more fun to watch the night sky light up because
> of the meteor that came for a swim in the pacific ocean flying over
> oregon[e] :-)

For the record, the correct way to pronounce my state's name is
"Orygun."  A popular street naming convention in some towns and suburbs
are common mispronounciation of the state's name.  Example is in
Beaverton, OR, which has Aragun, Aragone, Orygone, and Oregon streets.
Aragone and Oregon are neighboring streets, the other two are across
town.  Sick trick?  Yes.  Funny watching tourists try to figure it out?
You betcha!

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca