Re: Quake1/Quake3 on Sarge

Bill Day wrote:
I attempted the nVidia driver(6629) before and could not complete it due to
agcc incompatibility with sarge vs what their package was working with(2.95
IIRC)

Nvidia has a newer version out now.

Suggestion on the Debina links one?  I have a Athlon K7 700(686?) running
kernel 2.4.27(full uname -a):
Linux beast 2.4.27-1-386 #1 Fri Sep 3 06:24:46 UTC 2004 i686 GNU/Linux

]$ apt-get install nvidia-kernel-2.4.27-1-386

but I only see it in unstable. Perhaps there is some issue regarding
Sarge.

I'm using unstable and the drivers work fine (as does Q3).

There are so many down there and as knew as I am to Debian, i would really
hate to hose the current setup.

Try the modules from Nvidia. You can't really break anything as long as you
don't mess up the X86 config. Just back it up. I would install 2.6 but hey
that's just me... I also run Sid ;-)

	-Eric

--
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
	- Albert Einstein