Re: Quake1/Quake3 on Sarge

Well, I can't seem tog et this right...

Downloaded the nVidia file formt there website, begin running
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7167-pkg1.run

Sorry xserver running shut it down and try again.

Ok get xserver shutdown and attempt running again(as root of course).

Fails thyrough all 3 steps of trying to build from ftp, kernel source etc.
So I apt-get install kernel-source-2.4.27
updatedb and run nvidia file again... no go.  cant find source finally I
locate a tar.bz2 of it  and  extract it...  updatedb and run with
--kernel/source-path /kernel-source-2.4.27/  and still I get a failure..

I am at a loss for this...

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Remember I'm a n00b

--

Bill Day

"A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he can give and
ever wanted.."
http://counter.li.org #384146  284016