Re: Quake1/Quake3 on Sarge

Bill Day wrote:
I am attempting to install quake1 & quake3 on my debian sarge system:
2.4.27-1-386
nVidia eGeForce MX4000 64MB AGP 8X
Cirrus Logic Crystal CS4281 PCI Audio
XFree86 4.3.0.1

I have working sound, I have seen my basic quakeforge install function(not
used online as of yet).  I began my quake3 install following the howto from
http://www.mepislovers.com/guide/quake/Quake-3-Arena-Install-Part-1.html
http://www.mepislovers.com/guide/quake/Quake-3-Arena-Install-Part-2.html

On Part 2, I get to the point of running the shell script "sh quake3" from
console or by clicking the icon from a file manager I get same results either
way(konsole output):

----- R_Init -----
...setting mode 3: 640 480
Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.2
XF86DGA Mouse (Version 2.0) initialized
XFree86-VidModeExtension Activated at 640x480
Using 8/8/8 Color bits, 16 depth, 0 stencil display.
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
GL_RENDERER: Mesa GLX Indirect

 You are using software Mesa (no hardware acceleration)!
 Driver DLL used: libGL.so.1
 If this is intentional, add
       "+set r_allowSoftwareGL 1"
 to the command line when starting the game.
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)

Go get nvidia's drivers for that card.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-7167.html

or

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all&keywords=nvidia&sourceid=mozilla-search

	-Eric

--
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
	- Albert Einstein