Re: usb device

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, Eric Gaumer wrote:

> Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:53:31 -0800
> From: Eric Gaumer <gaumerel@ecs.fullerton.edu>
> To: Michael Sry <michael_sry@hotmail.com>
> Cc: greatexcalibur <greatexcalibur@yahoo.com>,
>      debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: usb device
>
> Michael Sry wrote:
> > Well, The file system on the device is fat32! And it works just fine on
> > windows.
> >
> > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda,
> >       or too many mounted file systems
> >
> > Is it possible that what is wrong is the too many mounted file systems?
> >

> Doubtful. It should be sda1 not sda.
>
> 	-Eric
>
> --
> "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
> 	- Albert Einstein

Not nesseserry sda1.
I have several zip disks that is formated fat32, most of them is mounted
on sda4, but two of the disks is mounted on sda1, all is fat32. Dont ask
me why.....
Another thing is the entry in /etc/fstab. I need full control as user
(since I'm the only one on this machine) so my entry in fstab is :
/dev/sda4	/media/zipdos	vfat
noauto,rw,credentials=/home/ernst/.smb_passwd,uid=ernst,gid=ernst,sync,mode=0777

That works fine on both sda1 and 4.

 /ernst-magne