Re: OOo startup

On Thursday 10 March 2005 16:07, Rob Bochan wrote:
> On Thursday 10 March 2005 03:16 pm, Lee Braiden wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be best to run it in a window manager that allows you to
> > force maximisation and remove window decorations?
>
> That's what I'm trying to avoid actually. I'm trying to have as little user
> interaction with the environment as possible, only user interaction with
> the application itself.

I've set up a kiosk using the window manager Ion. PWM is another window
manager I would look at. (Ion maximises all windows--great for your use. PWM
allows for windows of different sizes.) I believe both managers can be locked
down: PWM's application menu and keyboard shortcuts can be removed (edit
files in /etc/X11/pwm/ or ~/.pwm) and Ion key bindings can be changed
in /etc/X11/ion/bindings-default.conf or ~/.ion.

If you want step-by-step instructions using FVWM2, this is useful:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Kiosk-HOWTO.html