Re: Sarge Upgrade Killed My X Window System-Problem Solved

Thanks to the 3 guys posting reply's, John Travis, Peter Hayes and Ralph Katz. All or you were right on target. I just wonder why Debian doesn't fix some of these things. Here's what I did. lsmod showed psmouse was included but not mousedev. I added mousedev to /etc/modules and rebooted.
My Gnome GUI login screen popped up as usual and I logged in to my default
KDE GUI.  Only one problem; no mouse pointer, but keyboard was working.
I added psmouse to /etc/modules just in case and uncommented usbkbd that I had commented out before as I don't have one but doing so gave other usb errors. Rebooted again after trying restarting gdm, xserver-xf86free and still no mouse pointer. Getting a little flustered now but after rebooting again
and logging in , the mouse pointer was suddenly there.  Debian is funny some
times. Thanks again for your reply's allowing a speedy fix for me. I'll post the
modem problem seperately and maybe get some new blood envolved.  I really
appreciated your fast replys to my post.

Leonard Chatagnier