dselect (dpkg?) incorrectly shows packages to remove that are not marked for removal.

Hi,

New to Debian, fairly new to Linux.

Using Woody.

I am using dselect for all my package management, and ran into trouble
yesterday.  I selected many packages for install, and went to do the
install, but the source mirrors I had setup were not working.  I
selected  different mirrors and, and asked it to install again.  It
installed (I think) a subset of the packages.

I then went into the select screen again and just exited again (thinking
this would get it to reconsider the package selections).

I then told it to install again, now it lists probably all the packages
I had selected to install, but it also lists 4 packages for removal that
are *not marked for removal* in the select screen, and I don't want
removed!  One of which is the kernel image I am using...

Any suggestions to prevent it from removing those packages?

In gratitude,
Asa