Re: Mouse probs with 2.6

On 03/10/2005 07:00 PM, Piers Kittel wrote:
Hello all,

Just installed Debian Unstable on my laptop, installed the 2.6.10-1-686 kernel, it boots fine. Then installed X, and answered all the prompts from the questions asked, then started X. It can't find the mouse - so had a look at the mice locations. The XF86Config-4 file has links to the mouse via /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice and the log says "Can't find mice" at both locations. So I try various different locations, /dev/input/mice mouse0 mouse1 mouse2 and mouse3 but none of those works. Looked at dmesg, one line says:

"input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on isa0060/serio1"

Doing an "find | grep isa0060/serio1" in the root directory doesn't find anything.

Rebooting into the stock bf24 kernel (2.4.18) works just fine with /dev/psaux

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help in advance

Cheers - Piers

Piers,

This was asked and answered today on the list; please search first next time. Thanks.

Regards.