Re: setup program

On Thursday 10 March 2005 21:09, azeem ahmad wrote:
> hi all
> is there any Setup program available in debian like a setup program in
> RedHat which i normally use to set my services to be automattically start
> at boot time or setup networking.

For configuring daemons (background services) install rcconf with:

  apt-get install rcconf

and use it then with:

  rcconf

For network setup, there is a front end for it somewhere, but I just
edit /etc/network/interfaces manually; it's not very complex, and man
interfaces will help if you're stuck.  It even gives examples that'll
probably suit you.

> and how to install squid on debian. is there any .deb version that can
> install it automattically without need to compile.

apt-get install squid, and then set your browser to its port (3128, iirc)

--
Lee.