Re: Graphical Greetings Login Screen

B. L. Jilek wrote:
Richard Heldmann wrote:

When I type my username, the font is very small.  How do I enlarge the
this font of my graphical login screen?    I am using gdm.  My screen
resolution is 1024 x 768 on a 17" LCD.
Any help appreciated!

http://debblue.debian.net/faq.php

Good reference! I find that using -dpi <x> on the server command line in gdm.conf works sort of, but not perfectly. Better seems to be for me to have the monitor powered on while gdm starts then x uses EDID to find the characteristics, and when off not.

But may be that is monitor related: Samsung 750s and 753dfx, running multi-seat Debian.

HTH