Re: DRM in debian?

On Thursday 10 March 2005 11:00, Seeker5528 wrote:
> The applicant downloads the file and it gets keyed with a random key so
> that applicant is the only one outside the company that can read that copy
> of the form and change the field data they supplied.

I can't imagine why you would want to prevent someone changing a form on their
own computer.  If it's their form, on their computer, they should be able to
do whatever they want with it, including printing it out so their kids can
draw cartoons on the back.  If you want to make them take the information
seriously, then train them to take it seriously, or they'll just tell someone
what's on the form, no matter how secure the form itself is.  This is the
same old misunderstanding with security: giving away liberties in a vain
attempt to solve a symptom of a problem in a different domain.

What you want to do is  protect the UPLOAD of data that hasn't been validated
and authenticated.  That can be done just fine with a login before uploading.

--
Lee.